Answered

Trueplay on iPhone 12 Pro

• 24 October 2020
  • 38 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +1
  • Avid Contributor I
  • 16 replies

I just delivery of an Arc and my iPhone 12 pro is supposedly not compatible with true play. Is anyone else having this issue?

icon

Best answer by Mark P 10 December 2020, 20:24

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

38 replies

I just delivery of an Arc and my iPhone 12 pro is supposedly not compatible with true play. Is anyone else having this issue?

Yes play 5’s 1st gen dosnt work properly with iPhone 12 either. Having major problems with it to be honest. Keeps loosing the internet. Not being able to add songs. 

I just finished moving to a new place, and got a brand new Arc. I went to tune the Arc in addition to the half a dozen other Sonos speakers I own, only to find out I cannot do Trueplay because my iPhone 12 Pro Max isn’t supported… needless to say, I am very much looking forward to this update. Thanks. 

Same here. IPhone 12 Pro and iPad 8th Gen - both not supported (yet).…

Same issue with iPhone 12 mini.

Just received a couple of new Sonos One and was not able to TruePlay them. 
I’m curious how many more times we will see the message that timeline of new features can’t be shared…

Shame on Sonos. Really.

Hi - I have the same issue. Will you make an update available which enables the function on iPhone 12 Pro? 

thanks

Yeah, it really sucks that they can’t at least say something about when trueplay wiki be available, it was one of the things I was looking forward to when I went to iPhone from android..

Userlevel 2
Badge

So here we are… almost two MONTHS after the iPhone 12 is publicly announced, and 6 weeks after it started delivering to consumers, and STILL no True Play support or any idea of a timetable for support. A full Arc surround system with the sub and satellites was my first-ever Sonos purchase, but if the company is this clueless about updating support, it will be my last. I’m sorry, but did the iPhone 12 release catch Sonos by surprise? Pro tip: there will be an iPhone 13 sometime around Sept or Oct next year. 

So here we are… almost two MONTHS after the iPhone 12 is publicly announced, and 6 weeks after it started delivering to consumers, and STILL no True Play support or any idea of a timetable for support. A full Arc surround system with the sub and satellites was my first-ever Sonos purchase, but if the company is this clueless about updating support, it will be my last. I’m sorry, but did the iPhone 12 release catch Sonos by surprise? Pro tip: there will be an iPhone 13 sometime around Sept or Oct next year. 

It’s out.

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Yep looks like today’s new Sonos version (12.2.2)has provided Trueplay for iPhone 12. Would be nice to see what else has been fixed or added. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi Guys.

Welcome, thank you for reaching back to Sonos Community.

Sonos just released a new update few days ago regarding the Trueplay it is now available on the following Apple devices.

• iPhone 12 
  • iPhone 12 Pro
  • iPhone 12 Mini

If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.

I never would have ordered sub. Consumers were never given the info about the Sonos. 
Shame on you, Sonos.

Userlevel 7

@pal joey 

Just exactly what is your complaint and how does it relate to the Sonos sub?

Are people getting true play to work now on the iPhone 12 Pro? I just had to do a system reset on my setup and tried to recalibrate using true play on my iPhone 12 Pro and the app goes only part of the way thru and just stops. No errors, just sits there and does nothing.