Answered

Trueplay on iPhone 12 Pro

• 24 October 2020
  • 38 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +1
  • Avid Contributor I
  • 16 replies

I just delivery of an Arc and my iPhone 12 pro is supposedly not compatible with true play. Is anyone else having this issue?

icon

Best answer by Mark P 10 December 2020, 20:24

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

38 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @h3m.

Welcome, thank you for reaching out to Sonos Community, I totally understand where you're coming from and I’m here to help.

Hmmm.. since iPhone 12 has been released recently not 100% sure if the true play is not yet available on this phone.

So far some product of iPhones are still not available with true play like:

• iPod touch (7th generation)
  • iPad Pro 12.9" (4th generation)
  • iPad Pro 11" (2nd generation)
  • iPhone SE (2nd generation)

Some iPhone 12 users in the community might provide their own opinion about this.

If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.

I have iPhone 12 & confirm truplay doesn’t work. Worked fine on my iPhone 11. Interested to know why

Yes, me too. iPhone 12 here and no trueplay but the app does say trueplay tuning coming soon

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

The iPhone 12 is brand-new. It takes a while for Sonos to gather the necessary calibration data from a sample range of devices (cf. the SE 2nd gen in that list).

Jeez people, if Trueplay was so important, why didn’t you do it last week with your old phone?

Ok first of all the reason we are reporting this is so Sonos knows about the issue. We aren't expecting trueplay to work on day one smh. Just helping out and letting people know. I can definitely wait for trueplay.

I just got my iPhone 12 pro and it doesn’t recognize trueplay. When I turned on my TV with the playbar the voice was garbled. Could not resolve issue. Disconnected the playbar. Very frustrated.

Both controlav and Mark P have already answered your concern above.

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Hi @h3m.

Welcome, thank you for reaching out to Sonos Community, I totally understand where you're coming from and I’m here to help.

Hmmm.. since iPhone 12 has been released recently not 100% sure if the true play is not yet available on this phone.

Some iPhone 12 users in the community might provide their own opinion about this.

What about iPad 12.9 pro? Since the last update it messed up my system 

Hi @h3m.

What about iPad 12.9 pro? Since the last update it messed up my system 

No it didn't.  The app is just a controller and cannot mess up your system. 

Why didnt sonos write iphone 12 and 12pro to ”soon supported devices”? Same issue here cannot run trueplay with my iphone 12 pro.

I also have had a frustrating time as I am now using an iPhone 12 - this device is not supported yet is the message for true sound 

I am so disappointed in Sonos due to the fact I have spent a small fortune on a quality product which is running  behind with software updates to devices 

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

I also have had a frustrating time as I am now using an iPhone 12 - this device is not supported yet is the message for true sound 

I am so disappointed in Sonos due to the fact I have spent a small fortune on a quality product which is running  behind with software updates to devices 

Look at the list of unsupported and add all the new iphone 12. Ipad pros from last March, ipod from may 2019 still not supported. Don't plan on it anytime soon! 

Thanks Bumper for your info 

It’s actually ridiculous that a tech company like Sonos can’t support these devices surly this can’t be good for Sonos 

If only Apple would share their hardware with third party companies like Sonos in advance.

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

If only Apple would share their hardware with third party companies like Sonos in advance.

I think that's a ridiculous statement because Apple, but on the other hand I do agree that we can't expect Sonos to support brand new devices right away. But looking at the list provided above it's months and years and some still aren't supported. So this really is a sonos issue for them to correct by either supporting new devices in a timely manner or communicating with their customers if they have no plans (or can't afford) to support new devices.

The iPhone 12 is brand-new. It takes a while for Sonos to gather the necessary calibration data from a sample range of devices (cf. the SE 2nd gen in that list).

Jeez people, if Trueplay was so important, why didn’t you do it last week with your old phone?

Because, in nu case, i had to reinstall everything after a bug Thatcher could bot be diezelfde otherwise than start over. 
mand de iPad Pro released in  March 2020. 
this is a while ago and even then the same messag appeared will be available soon. 
mand now it’s November and it is still not available. 
this should not be the customers problem but Sonos should have fixed this. 
they wher capable making the new Sonos app V2 so they have fixed the problem with the iPad Pro at the same time. 
that’s why it’s important why it’s stil not fixed. 
where talking about a expensive system, not something that’s purchased at a action store or something like that. 

guys its really ridiculous that we cannot use any trueplsy feature because we are owning an ipad pro, iphone se and iphone 12 pro… for iphone 12, ok its a new device but ipad pro and iphone se? they are out for months… I was planing to buy more sonos speakers for my flat but at the moment I just hope that the new homepod mini has almost the sound quality of the sonos one so I can change to homepod asap. it will be much more likely that spotify will be available for the mini than you making true play available for the apple devices. 

guys its really ridiculous that we cannot use any trueplsy feature because we are owning an ipad pro, iphone se and iphone 12 pro… for iphone 12, ok its a new device but ipad pro and iphone se? they are out for months… I was planing to buy more sonos speakers for my flat but at the moment I just hope that the new homepod mini has almost the sound quality of the sonos one so I can change to homepod asap. it will be much more likely that spotify will be available for the mini than you making true play available for the apple devices. 

This is exactly what I mean. 
but when I opened a topic about this problem, people started telling me I should borrow a older iPhone to fix this. And they don’t know why I opened a topic about this problem. 

I don’t know why I have too solve the problem, but not Sonos. 
mom not the only one who is using the latest apple products. 

Sonos should have fixed this issue at least for the iPad Pro. 
rhis was is long enough for seal now. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @Hendrik14570.

Welcome, thank you for reaching out to Sonos Community, I totally understand where you're coming from and I’m here to help.

I'll submit again and follow up on this feature request to our development team. We don't have a timeline we can share for this feature, but we'll be sure to make an announcement if we have any updates

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

Even though the iPhone 11 is supported a lot of users have been truplaying using an iPhone 6-7 for the ARC as the iPhone 11mic seems to produce bad results when doing it. I have done both and found the iPhone 7 makes the ARC sound better.

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Hi @h3m.

It doesn’t work with my iPad Pro 12.9 4th generation either

ok, sonos doesnt care so I was able to purchase a homepod mini from apple which i will check next week in my rooms and compare to sonos one… if the difference is not that much i stick to the homepod… i mean the trueplay is not working anyway for me ;-) 

Badge

Hi Sonos,

If this trueplay thing is so great, why have you still not added support or at least alerted users of the lack of support for us iPhone 12 users?

The iPhone has been on the market for more than 5 weeks now.. Surely, an update to a newer device running the same iOS software shouldn’t take so long?

Patiently waiting.

Badge

ok, sonos doesnt care so I was able to purchase a homepod mini from apple which i will check next week in my rooms and compare to sonos one… if the difference is not that much i stick to the homepod… i mean the trueplay is not working anyway for me ;-) 

I had 2 homepod minis to run on a paired stereo mode.. 
I received them on day 1 of their release and sold them on day 5..

Not worth it, sound is nowhere near a Sonos hence why I upgraded to two ONEs from my PLAY1

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi All.

Welcome, thank you for reaching out to Sonos Community and providing your feedback about the trueplay for iPhone 12.

We don't have a timeline we can share for this feature, but we'll be sure to make an announcement if we have any updates.