Answered

Trouble With new sorround system

• 9 February 2019
  • 2 replies

I have just added two play:1’s as a rear left and right sorround. I followed the app setup which confirmed that the speaker had been added to my living room and now shows as beam+LS+RS. However it still will only play on the beam. What am I doing wrong?
icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 9 February 2019, 22:43

If you open up the controller to the settings area, and select "About My Sonos System", what does it show on the line under the Beam that's labeled "Audio In:"?

My bet is that it's going to say Stereo, which is why you're not getting much sorround (sic). In order to get a surround signal, your input has to be set to send Dolby Digital to the Beam. That often requires changing audio settings in the TV set, and any device that you have connected to the TV set.
View original

2 replies

If you open up the controller to the settings area, and select "About My Sonos System", what does it show on the line under the Beam that's labeled "Audio In:"?

My bet is that it's going to say Stereo, which is why you're not getting much sorround (sic). In order to get a surround signal, your input has to be set to send Dolby Digital to the Beam. That often requires changing audio settings in the TV set, and any device that you have connected to the TV set.
Thanks, I reset the whole system 5 mins ago. Not sure what it was but it’s seems to have kicked in now. Appreciate the reply. Alex