Answered

Trouble Connecting Sonos Connect

• 26 March 2020
  • 9 replies

Using Sonos App on iPhone 11 it finds my Sonos Connect product "We found 1 new product near you" and then says to press and release the 2 buttons simultaneously and then can't set up the product as now not found! Plugged in to Router with ethernet cable as instructed. This is a Sonos Connect I bought off Ebay as I want to use iTunes through my old amplifier and JPW speakers, perhaps it’s broken in some way.

I do get to a white light after the flashing orange light but then no further.

icon

Best answer by mattyJEF 30 March 2020, 18:35

THanks everyone it was the router causing connection problems. Now sorted. 

View original

9 replies

If you purchased a used speaker, I’d recommend your first thing should be to factory reset it, before setting it up, to make sure you clear out anything the previous owner left on it. I suspect after doing so, you’ll be able to add it without issue. 

Thanks. Do you know how I do that? It is a Sonos Connect.

Did you click on the link (the underlined words) in my post?

Ok I reset it but still no joy. Not Connected again. 

Hmmm, for a normal device, a factory reset should have fixed any outstanding issues, unless the device was ‘traded in’ to Sonos for the discount early on, and disabled. I would recommend at this point you contact Sonos Support directly to discuss it.

I usually suggest the phone folks, they have more tools available because they're on the phone with you, but they are available Monday through Friday during business hours. The Twitter support folks are available 24/7.

If it was disabled as part of the Sonos ‘trade in’, there won’t be anything the Sonos folks would be able to do, and you would need to avail yourself of eBay’s return policies. But they’ll be able to help you determine that. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

@mattyJEF Thank you for bringing your question to us here and welcome to the Sonos Community. If you bought this Sonos Connect from a 3rd party seller and you are having issues setting up it can be your network or that the Connect you purchased  was faulty. As Bruce suggested, please contact us and confirm any network equipment issues interfering with the setup of your Connect or confirm it was sold to you as a faulty unit.

If you were sold a faulty unit you will have to address that with the 3rd party seller and Ebay.

THanks everyone it was the router causing connection problems. Now sorted. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

@mattyJEF Thank you for the follow up and letting us know you were able to get up and running. Please feel free to reach out to us in the SonosCommunity with your questions or troubleshooting needs in the future.