Answered

Travel Router With Sonos One

• 4 September 2018
  • 1 reply

I live in a community there is public wifi and my Sonos is unable to connect to it (probably because of extenders). Would I be able to buy a travel router and set my Sonos up on the routers wifi/ethernet? I don't have any ethernet ports.
icon

Best answer by MikeV 4 September 2018, 18:27

Travel routers are often recommended in this kind of situation. They do a couple of things...

1. Give you WiFi you have control over, so you can adjust settings as needed.
2. Give you an Ethernet port, in the event that it should be necessary (settings in the router usually allow the port to be switched between WAN and LAN functions; LAN would be recommended if you're using WiFi as your WAN connection).
3. Give you extra security... keeping your devices on a separate network from everyone else's!
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +21
Travel routers are often recommended in this kind of situation. They do a couple of things...

1. Give you WiFi you have control over, so you can adjust settings as needed.
2. Give you an Ethernet port, in the event that it should be necessary (settings in the router usually allow the port to be switched between WAN and LAN functions; LAN would be recommended if you're using WiFi as your WAN connection).
3. Give you extra security... keeping your devices on a separate network from everyone else's!