Answered

The new AMP for surround sound with Sky and PS4

• 7 February 2019
  • 4 replies

Badge
Leaning towards the new AMP to solve quite a few problems including outdoor speakers. But also going to want to use if for surround sound.

I see it has only 1 HDMI in. If I want both my Ps4 and my Sky Q to have full surround sound, how can I make that work?

FYI I have a Samsung Frame TV but I would have thought I run from the source to the AMP and not from the TV to the AMP.
icon

Best answer by ratty 7 February 2019, 13:15

I see it has only 1 HDMI in. If I want both my Ps4 and my Sky Q to have full surround sound, how can I make that work?

FYI I have a Samsung Frame TV but I would have thought I run from the source to the AMP and not from the TV to the AMP.

No, the TV does the source switching. The Amp takes a signal from the TV via HDMI-ARC.
View original

4 replies

No, the TV does the source switching. The Amp takes a signal from the TV via HDMI-ARC.
Badge
Ah Ok.

So PS4 & Sky Q into TV then TV to AMP via HDMI ARC? Correct

Many thanks
So PS4 & Sky Q into TV then TV to AMP via HDMI ARC? CorrectThat's the general idea.
Badge
Many thanks that makes it nice and simple.