Answered

Symfonisk (Sonos) Not Connecting to WiFi

• 27 February 2020
  • 7 replies

I recently purchased a Symfonisk (Sonos) Bookshelf speaker that I found in the returns / discount area at IKEA.

I am having difficulties getting it to work on WiFi, it does work via wired Ethernet. I am trying to determine if there is a problem with the unit or a problem with me.

I'm able to set it up in the Sonos app if it is connected via an ethernet cable. Under Settings > Network The "Wireless Setup" option is greyed out, should it be? Under "Networks" I only see "In Use". Is that too be expected? Is there a place where I could see the wifi networks either available or that the unit is joined to?

Any and all help is appreciated. Thanks.

icon

Best answer by Stanley_4 27 February 2020, 22:20

If you already did the Factory Reset (think I saw that in another forum) and it still won’t connect over WiFi hook it back up to Ethernet, submit a diagnostic and directly contact Sonos support with the number. They will be able to tell you if it is a bad WiFi card or other issue.

View original

7 replies

I think the first thing to be done on any ‘open box’ or used unit should always be a factory reset of the device, to return it to an as new state, so that you don’t run into any issues that may have been caused by previous setup attempts. My guess is that is what you’re running in to, the previous owner tried to do something, and it is stuck in a state that isn’t ‘right’ for you. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

If you already did the Factory Reset (think I saw that in another forum) and it still won’t connect over WiFi hook it back up to Ethernet, submit a diagnostic and directly contact Sonos support with the number. They will be able to tell you if it is a bad WiFi card or other issue.

I recently purchased a Symfonisk (Sonos) Bookshelf speaker that I found in the returns / discount area at IKEA.

I am having difficulties getting it to work on WiFi, it does work via wired Ethernet. I am trying to determine if there is a problem with the unit or a problem with me.

I'm able to set it up in the Sonos app if it is connected via an ethernet cable. Under Settings > Network The "Wireless Setup" option is greyed out, should it be? Under "Networks" I only see "In Use". Is that too be expected? Is there a place where  10.0.0.0.1 I could see the wifi networks either available or that the unit is joined to?

Any and all help is appreciated. Thanks.

I don't even wanna start out how I dislike the Sonos App changes over the recent years but since some weeks the App does not find my Sonos Speakers in my wlan. When I start the App it scans for like a minute with the message, that i should restart the app, the router etc. Sometimes it still works but it feels like a 1 out of 10 chance

I have a Beam setup already and it’s working properly. I want to add a Symfonisk to existing system. This was what I encountered:

• S2 App→ Setting → System → Add Product
  • Connect Symfonisk to power (flashing green light)
  • Searching for product
  • Found a new product near me (model and serial number correct) → Setup this product
  • Press and release PLAY+VOLUME UP buttons simultaneously and listen for the chime
  • Chime heard but nothing happened until error message popped out: Not connected. Your Sonos product was not found (light became orange and eventually went back to green during this process)

Normally after the chime, the speaker is supposed to be added. But I never get to make it. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +13

Hi @bomani.

Welcome, thank you for reaching out to Sonos Community.

Was the Symfonisk been used before to a different wifi network?

If yes, you need to reset the device first to clear all the wifi info. saved in the Symfonisk

Can you hardwire the Symfonisk using an ethernet cable directly to your modem and add the product again?

Let us know if it works. If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.

I’m having the same problem. I can set it up wirelessly with the ethernet and I come to a point where it says you can now unplug the ethernet. The minute I do that everything disappears. When I go under settings/wifi on my phone there is no Sonos option to connect. My speaker was working great wirelessly until I updated my software. Can’t figure out my problem. Any help would be appreciated 

Userlevel 4
Badge +13

Hi @MotelTan.

Welcome, thank you for reaching out to Sonos Community, I totally understand where you're coming from and I’m here to help.

Have you already try this option to fix your issue Switch Sonos between a wireless and wired setup.

If this doesn't work can you submit a diagnostic report from your Sonos system and reply back with your confirmation number?

Let us know if it works. If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.