Question

Switching Sub From Home Theatre To Paired Speakers

• 17 October 2020
  • 3 replies

Hello!

Currently I have an Arc, a pair of one’s and a sub connected to my tv, I also have a pair of moves in stereo mode for listening to music,  I have tried disconnecting the sub and connecting it to my moves  but it’s not having any of it, would I be right in presuming you cannot do this? If I replace them with a pair of fives can I then add the sub to them for listening to music after they have been paired?

Thank you

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

The product guide says 

Sonos Sub is designed for use with most Sonos speakers, except Sonos Connect, Port and Move. Make sure you set up at least one speaker before adding Sub”. So, you can’t bond the Sub to your Moves; you can bond it to any other speaker/paired speakers. 

The product guide says 

Sonos Sub is designed for use with most Sonos speakers, except Sonos Connect, Port and Move. Make sure you set up at least one speaker before adding Sub”. So, you can’t bond the Sub to your Moves; you can bond it to any other speaker/paired speakers. 

Thanks for your reply, not only did the bloke at Richer Sounds tell me I could but this kind of throws you as well.

Yes that would indeed throw you, as it is out of date and actively misleading. 

Did you source this from the Sonos website? 

Edit - just answered my own question - the version on sonos.com is out of date.

https://www.sonos.com/support/en-us/sonos-user-guide/index.html#t=sonos-user-guide%2Fsub%2Fsub.htm%23XREF_58761_Sub

If a Sonos mod picks this up please would they pass this back up so that it gets corrected?