Answered

Surrounds and Sub disconnected and won't reconnect

• 28 May 2018
  • 1 reply

I have a PLAYBASE, two PLAY:1s, and a SUB. My system has been working flawlessly for almost 8 months, but recently, I noticed that my surrounds (the two PLAY:1s) and the Sub stopped playing sound. I have been trying to reconnect the system, but I am unable to set up the system as it worked before.

I am able to connect and play music from each device when I assign them to separate rooms, but I cannot re-pair the system such that all the devices work together when assigned to a single room. When I try to add the devices to a single room, I can get to the step that says "Preparing the speakers in this room to work together. This may take a minute." But then it fails after that, saying "There was a problem preparing your speakers. Please check your network connector or the power on your speakers in this room."

I am using an Orbi mesh network, with the PLAYBASE connected via wired Ethernet to an Orbi satellite.

I submitted diagnostics. My confirmation number is 711003464

Please help! Thanks!
icon

Best answer by rgrav 31 May 2018, 00:58

I called tech support, and they were able to diagnose the problem. The wireless card in my PlayBase has failed. Tech support was great and diagnosed the problem almost immediately.
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

I called tech support, and they were able to diagnose the problem. The wireless card in my PlayBase has failed. Tech support was great and diagnosed the problem almost immediately.