Answered

Surround and stereo set-up for Beam and One

• 23 July 2018
  • 4 replies

Hi all,

I have just brought a Beam and added my 2 Sonos One as surround speaker. Before getting the Beam I had my 2 Ones set-up as stereo speaker to listen to music and radio.

I prefer listening to music with the 2 Ones so I was wondering if it is possible to have have the stereo configuration living alongside the surround one? After trying for a while I was only able to set-up either a separate stereo and Beam or surround.

Thanks.
icon

Best answer by Stuart_W 23 July 2018, 12:53

There is a setting in the room options for where the Beam is under advanced audio to set to "Full" for music playback.

This gives prominence to music playback to the surrounds. It won't silence the Beam but it will be reduced.

Other than this the only way is to remove as surrounds and set up as a separate stereo pair.
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21
There is a setting in the room options for where the Beam is under advanced audio to set to "Full" for music playback.

This gives prominence to music playback to the surrounds. It won't silence the Beam but it will be reduced.

Other than this the only way is to remove as surrounds and set up as a separate stereo pair.
Thanks! I did not try that option but I will give it a try later. If it reduces the Beam and give more prominence to surround speakers it may do the trick.
Unfortunately, setting the surrounds for Full does not make them play in stereo. I have lost a significant amount of dynamic range from my two Sonos Play One's when I use the system for music. The sound when watching the TV is great but I am really disappointed about music playback now.
Hello @kikujiro, did you try Stuart_W recommandation? In this case, do you have the two One in stereo or do you end in sherweed situation?