Answered

Sub Wont Connect to Arc

• 2 January 2022
  • 5 replies

I’m trying to connect my Sub to an Arc and it’s not working. Been through other threads and troubleshooting steps (rebooting router, factory resets, connect via Ethernet, etc) without success. Summited a diagnostic (845368739) hoping to get some assistance. 

As some background the sub was connected and working for a week with a new Arc. (It had been working for a year prior with a playbar.)  At some point last week sound stopped coming from the sub, which led to the attempts to get it working again with the arc. Wi-Fi is enabled on the sub and arc and they’re 4ft apart when I try to connect. 

please let me know any additional info needed. 

icon

Best answer by AjTrek1 2 January 2022, 17:17

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

As you have already done ‘factory resets’ and the devices are 4 feet apart and you’ve tried them wired/unwired and checked their radios are ‘on’ etc. My thoughts are to perhaps just get straight in touch with Sonos Support and chat to them direct via this LINK.

Thanks Ken, yes, I’ve tried wired/unwired and verified that wifi is on (assuming that’s what you mean by radio?). I’ll chat/talk with them when they’re open tomorrow and hopefully they can find something. 

Userlevel 7

One more possibility.

As you have directed all your efforts toward the sub (at least to my understanding) why not look at the Arc? Maybe a reboot…disconnect Arc from TV and then power…then reconnect Arc. to power and then TV… may establish connection with Sub. JAT 🤔

Note: Last resort would be a factory reset of Arc. Know that factory resets will erase any trouble shooting data that may be useful to Sonos tech support. 

@Ken_Griffiths, I took back my “Like” on your comment since you already have 105. LOL :slight_smile: . Great job as usual Ken!!!

Great idea, will try working with the arc and see if a reboot or some other tweaks may help get the sun connected.

Sure enough rebooting the Arc resolved the problem. The sub connected and started working on the first try. Thanks to both of you for helping resolve the issue!