Stream Movie Audio from a computer onto Play 1 through Connect

• 23 March 2018
  • 4 replies

I have a Mac mini connected to a proyector and a couple of play 1, I was wondering if I could use Connect to stream the audio from the Mac mini or from the proyector onto the play 1, in order to watch movies without the lag between audio and video.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hello there, Alejo. Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community. If you plug the CONNECT directly into the Mac Mini via Line-In, you should be able to get computer audio to Sonos. Because the CONNECT is wired directly to the Mac, you should be able to enjoy videos without delay. Personally, I have a CONNECT bringing my PC audio to Sonos. This is so I can enjoy YouTube or other computer audio on Sonos all over the house.

Let us know if you have any further questions!
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
The delay hooking audio to the connect and streaming to the Play:1 is only about 70ms and I personally don't notice that in lip sync. Some people claim they do.
Userlevel 5
Badge +13
at my last place (temporary crashing at a friend's house) I used a cheap Insignia DAC to connect the output from my TV into a ZP80, which drove powered speakers. I suppose there was a delay, but it never really was noticeable to me. Then again, I'm usually surfing the internet when I watch TV so I may have missed lip sync delays.
Thanks everyone, I will give it a try with the Connect and see if the lip sync is not too bad, otherwise I guess the next thing on the list will be the playbase or the sounds bar.
Will let you know how it goes.
Cheers