Answered

Stream Connect or Port to PC....

• 14 August 2022
  • 1 reply

Hi all - I have a Connect and currently have it set up to receive audio form my turntable’s preamp and then output to two active speakers, it sounds lovely. I have a headphone amplifier and DAC set up to listen to audio from my PC, laptop or whatever I connect to the DAC and want to see if I can somehow listen to the “line in” from there. 

My question: has anyone found a way to stream the audio from a Connect or Port to a laptop or PC? Kind of a reverse set up. I would like to listen to my vinyl using my headphones sometimes rather than having to listen through speakers.

My desk set up is not too near my connect so it would require a lot of RCA cable to connect the output of the connect to my headphone amplifier. 

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 14 August 2022, 15:59

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

You just need another Sonos ‘Connect’ or ‘Port’, to attach its analogue/digital output to your Headphone Amp/DAC and maybe, just for good measure, add the computer audio-out to this same Connect/Ports analogue line-in to output your PC audio via Sonos too, but note that the audio will have a 75ms+ delay to your headphones, but it won’t matter when listening to your TT audio, but it will have lip-sync audio issues with any video playback on your PC.