Soundbar Placement above Fireplace

• 19 July 2018
  • 2 replies

I want to instal a soundbar but the TV is located above a floating fire place and I’m told the heat rising from the fire with damage the bar- any solutions

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

I have my playbar sitting on the mantel above the fireplace, and never had any heat issues. It's not a floating fireplace, but if your tv is fine above your fireplace, I'd be skeptical that there's going to be a heat issue with a playbar.

As far as other options, you could look to mount the playbar above the tv, but it might effect the sound quality. Perhaps there is some sort of heat shield (or just a mantle) you could install, but that may effect the aesthetics and possibly the sound quality. I wouldn't look to install a soundbar on a different wall or anything like that.
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
Light the fireplace and see just how warm the wall and air above it get over an hour or so, if it is within the limits Sonos sets for operating conditions you should be fine.