Question

soundbar placement

• 15 January 2018
  • 1 reply

Can the soundbar be placed on the rear wall opposite the screen? I am using a projector and need to connect direct from projector to soundbar. I plan on using 2 sonus one speakers....could they be placed next to the screen and be used as the front speakers?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Well, yes, you can do that, but no, it won't sound very good. The soundbar should be below or above your screen and the sonos ones in the rear.

You aren't the first person to have this issue though. The best option is to directly connect the projector to the playbar with a long optical wire, through the ceiling/walls. That's not always possible, so wireless is the next choice. Others have found devices that will transmit an hdmi signal wirelessly from the projector to near the playbar. Then they use an hdmi/optical converter connected to the playbar.

Personally though, if this is a room that is dedicated to home theatre (won't play music often, little need to be insync with other rooms in the house), then I wouldn't go with a sonos system. A more conventional home theatre setup will likely sound as good with better options for upgrading the setup in the future.