Answered

Sony projector connected to Beam + other devices.

• 18 October 2020
  • 10 replies

Hi,

this is my config now:
PS4, Sky (TV Sat), Chromecast → Yamaha 5.1 → Sony 2k projector
PS4, Sky (TV Sat), Chromecast → Yamaha 5.1 → Yamaha 5.1  (audio)
​​​​​​
Video out: Sony projector
Audio out: Yamaha 5.1 satellites 

What I’d like to do:
PS4, Sky (TV Sat), Chromecast → Yamaha 5.1 → Sony 2k projector (video)
PS4, Sky (TV Sat), Chromecast → Yamaha 5.1 → Sonos Beam  (audio)

Video out: Sony projector
Audio out: Sono beam BUT keeping Yamaha 5.1 as switcher element for the devices connected. 

I’ve bought an HDMI switcher for extract arc audio from the HDMI in way to extract video for projector input and audio (arc) for Sonos Beam but it seems not working.

Is it possibile to apply my desired config?

Thanks for the support!

icon

Best answer by controlav 20 October 2020, 02:28

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

I am not aware of any HDMI switcher that extracts Arc audio, nor why you even need an HDMI switcher (that is why you are using the Yamaha). Your Yamaha device needs to supply the Arc signal to the Beam. Or just use optical out from the Yamaha and the adapter to the Beam.

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi vellacquisti.

Welcome to the Sonos community and thanks for reaching out to us. I understand the situation you’re in and wanted to help.

I would like to ask if you can just shoot me a private message of your desired screen name here in the Sonos community and I can take care of it for you.

Please do not hesitate to reach out or create a topic if you still have further questions or concerns. We are always here to help.

Thanks,

I am not aware of any HDMI switcher that extracts Arc audio, nor why you even need an HDMI switcher (that is why you are using the Yamaha). Your Yamaha device needs to supply the Arc signal to the Beam. Or just use optical out from the Yamaha and the adapter to the Beam.

thanks for the reply :) the problem is that my Yamaha (model HTR-3063) is not provided with ARC out but only..IN; so I must split the HDMI OUT (from Yamaha) in 2 inside the switcher (Alpha Net 4K HDMI Switch) for divide audio and video: The audio can be send to the Sony projector and the audio to the Sonos but..is not working! Maybe is not supported for work in this scenario :)? maybe my only solution is to buy a more recent Yamaha ampli with native ARC output.

Some images for your info:

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

I can’t find the specs for that switch anywhere. It looks like it has an LED for ARC (?), but I don’t see an ARC Output port. Without that, the Beam wont get audio over HDMI. However it does have an optical output, so you could use that to the Beam instead. In fact your Yamaha has optical output, so you could get rid of the switch entirely.

Thanks for the reply but it seems this old model does not have the opt out :( i’ll check again.

I’m confused. What is SPDIF out if not optical?

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Thanks for the reply but it seems this old model does not have the opt out :( i’ll check again.

Its shown clearly in the lower left of the picture you posted. Labelled “optical”.

Yep but is the switcher not the Yamaha ampli. The issue is that the Yamaha does not have arc audio output but just the hdmi; the input for the switcher receives just the hdmi video from the Yamaha but without the audio, so it can not extract the audio file for the arc output. I presume this is the reason..probably I must buy a new ampli withe also the arc audio output in the hdmi as I saw in more recent models :)

Solved, thanks for the support!

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @Francesco V97.

Thanks for the update and immediate response. I’m glad that everything is working now. I do hope you continue to love and enjoy your Sonos.

Please let us know or create a topic if you still have further questions or concerns. We are always here to help.

Thanks,