Sonos with Denon AVRS530BT

• 30 December 2017
  • 2 replies

I have a Denon AVRS530BT receiver and 4 in-ceiling, hard-wired speakers. I purchased a Sonos Soundbar/sub and two play 1's. I'd like to integrate the Sonos system with my existing speakers and receiver. The receiver plays through the hard-wired speakers fine, and I can stream fine through just the Sonos speakers, but I cannot get music or radio streamed through the Sonos app to play on the hard wired speakers. I've run an optical cable from tv to soundbar and from receiver (media player in) to a Sonos Connect. Already spent a full day trying to figure this out. I'd welcome any help. Thanks!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22
So you have two rooms in your system. One room is the playbar and another room is the connect. When you go into controller and pick room the demon and you play a song you get nothing from the denon.

You have the Connect hooked to denon via digital out from the connect to an input labeled media in on the denon. You have the denon front panel input selected as the media in input and it has digital in (not analog in selected).
Yes, two rooms. In one room I have the connect, soundbar/Sub, TV, Denon Receiver, and 4 in-ceiling hard-wired speakers. In the 2nd room, I just have two play ones. The connect box is connected to the Denon receiver via optical cable. I have a 2nd optical cable running from TV to soundbar.