Sonos Sub Settings

• 13 July 2018
  • 9 replies

Just added a Sonos Sub to my system and due to my setup (some wireless speaker setup and some hardwired speakers) the subwoofer would work better if it had separate speaker controls (like the other Sonos speakers). Is it possible this option will be available in a future update? I can't imagine that I'm the only person out there that this is a problem for.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

9 replies

What controls are your looking for specifically for the sub? Are you thinking along the lines of volume or grouping, things like that? Sometihng related to initial setup (since you mentioned wired/wireless)?
Userlevel 5
Badge +11
It only outputs bass. The crossover is determined by what it it is paired with. It has a volume control. Truplay sorts all balance and volume out automatically.
What controls are your looking for specifically for the sub? Are you thinking along the lines of volume or grouping, things like that? Sometihng related to initial setup (since you mentioned wired/wireless)?
I’d like to be able to control the Subwoofer volume independently of the Sonos speaker it’s paired with. I have an open floor plan with integrated living room, kitchen, dining room and den. The living room, kitchen and den all have hardwired speakers, while the den has a Sonos One to carry the sound over. The Sub is located at the intersection of all four rooms, so being able to control the volume to the sub would benefit the listening areas in all four areas.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
I’d like to be able to control the Subwoofer volume independently of the Sonos speaker it’s paired with. I have an open floor plan with integrated living room, kitchen, dining room and den. The living room, kitchen and den all have hardwired speakers, while the den has a Sonos One to carry the sound over. The Sub is located at the intersection of all four rooms, so being able to control the volume to the sub would benefit the listening areas in all four areas.

Hi stevend53,

While you can adjust the SUB's level in the rooms settings menu of the app, there isn't currently an individual volume setting for the SUB. I'll send in a feature request to the development team for you.

Hi stevend53,

While you can adjust the SUB's level in the rooms settings menu of the app, there isn't currently an individual volume setting for the SUB. I'll send in a feature request to the development team for you.
Wow, that would be great, but in addition to that being a nice feature for me, individually, I can’t imagine that there aren’t other users out there that this would prove to be a useful feature for them as well. Thank you !!
There is a separate control for the sub level, although it still needs to be connected to a speaker or a group of speakers.
I do agree a separate controller would be nice,
And this setting is kind of buried.
Go to settings, room settings, open room (speakers) with sub attached, open advanced audio, open sub settings.
There it is, now you can rattle all of your pictures off the wall.
Thanks Old Dude, found it, did it !! Appreciate your help. I’d never have found it.