Question

Sonos Setup in new location

• 11 August 2019
  • 2 replies

I recently moved my Sonos Play:3 Wireless Speaker from one house to another. The wifi in my new apartment is for the whole apartment complex. When I use the IOS app to connect my speaker, it says that I am on a wireless network but Sonos isn't. I don't know if I should "add another Sonos system" or "update wifi settings" in order to fix this. Has anyone else had this problem? I do not have access to a router so I cannot use an ethernet cable to connect the speaker to the router directly. Need help!

2 replies

Also, when I try to connect to SONOS wifi, it does not come up on my wifi networks to choose from.
It sounds like you may need a travel router, or wifi access point, type device... Connect that router to the new local network and setup your very own local network/WiFi subnet just for use by your apartment. Then cable the speaker to that and goto “Advanced Setup/Wireless Setup” in the Sonos App and enter your travel routers WiFi credentials (case sensitive) and then run it off that wireless subnet instead (if necessary) and place the speaker where you need it in your apartment.