Answered

Sonos seems to be getting harder to install, app is less reliable and S2 is a step back

• 20 April 2021
  • 4 replies

• Contributor I
  • 2 replies

I was a big fan and as I have added to the devices it has become harder to install. The app and the Arc keep forgetting each other and have to go thru a list of questions that show me the Arc then it says not found. The iPhone app does not stay active when the screen times out. Have to log back on the iPhone to mute or unmute it is just easier to use the TV controller. The Arc can not be controlled by the Virgin controller. I will not be buying any more Sonos devices as the whole system has become cumbersome and slow and unreliable.

Even registration for this forum asks questions which I answered but the username was not unique and I had to answer them again and then again because I did not acknowledge the terms. It seems unlikely that any of my choices would have changed I. The 5 seconds between attempts. Do they not test S2 and the registration process with real users.

icon

Best answer by Corry P 21 April 2021, 10:20

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

HI @RJC2 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

We appreciate your feedback, but more often than not, issues like this are caused by poor network health. I highly recommend you get in touch with our technical support team, who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system, network and environment that will help you get the most out of your system.

The Virgin Media remote should absolutely control volume on your Arc - CEC messages should be shared between it, the TV and the Arc. If this is not happening, please ensure CEC is enabled on both devices (many TV manufacturers rename this - just search Google for “CEC” and the name of the TV manufacturer to find out what they call it).

There is nothing wrong with my networks I have two to the house one for domestic use the other. I had to call the technical support team, the first person was out of their depth and was unable to even understand the problem. The second person got the Arc connected and was very good.

i will ask them for help as you suggest.

Are you able to advise how to get the Sonos app to work on an iPhone once the login times out. The app is still on the screen but one has to log back into to the iPhone.

regards

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Are you able to advise how to get the Sonos app to work on an iPhone once the login times out. The app is still on the screen but one has to log back into to the iPhone.

I’m not sure I understand - are you having to log into the Sonos app, or log into the iPhone to use the Sonos app?

If it’s the former, this should only be happening when you try to change something about the system and not when you just want to select some music.

If it’s the latter, it has something to do with your iPhone settings - presumably how long the screen stays on for.