Sonos Roam Error Code 899

• 22 April 2021
  • 6 replies

Badge
  • Avid Contributor II
  • 13 replies

Hi, when attempting to add a Roam via the S2 app, I continually get error 899, and “There was a problem verifying your Sonos app. Try again later” This error code is not covered in any of the support pages, does anyone know what to do?

Thanks,

Ian

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Are you setting up the Roam in isolation, or do you already have a Sonos system hooked up?

Have you deleted the app, and downloaded a fresh copy from Sonos directly?

Do you know which version of the app you have? And what OS are you running the app on?

I’ve never heard of an error 899, it may be worth calling Sonos Support directly to discuss it.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, there are more options available for them to assist you.

Oh, one further thought….there may be some value in a simple reboot of your router. There may not be, but it wouldn’t hurt to try. 

Badge

Hello Bruce,

Had an S1 system, with some S2 compatible components. Tried to add the Roam to S1, but had to move to S2. Interesting that  S2 compatible components have to move to S2, even when already on an S1 system. Therefore factory reset Roam, install S2 fresh (so latest app), iOS (latest version). 

Let me retry rebooting the router once work is over.

Thanks

Yea, being a new device from Sonos, the Roam is only S2 compatible, and can not work on S1 or group with speakers running S1. 

I’ve suggested before to folks running both systems that there might be an advantage to unplugging all S1 devices while messing with the S2 add function. Just to simplify things. Probably not necessary, but I’m a big fan of reducing potential variables in any situation where I’m struggling with something. 

Badge

Ok, rebooting router did not work

As I said before, you may be in a position where you need to call Support.