Answered

Sonos playbar didn't come back after changing wifi

• 3 January 2019
  • 6 replies

Hi all, I had to switch wifi networks/ssid's and I have 4 connect amps in one locations, and then in my media room I have a sonos soundbar and sub. I followed the directions and plugged one of the amps into my router with a ethernet cable, followed the app directions and all the amps changed onto my new ssid. BUT the soundbar didn't come back in. Do I manually have to plug it into the router again now too? Why wouldn't it come back again? This will be a bit of a pain so want to avoid if I don't need to. Please advise.
icon

Best answer by AjTrek1 3 January 2019, 22:49

AHHHH sweet, I just ran the wifi setup again and this time it found the soundbar! All good.

Ha! Ha! Just what I was going to suggest (sort of) :8. See below.

The only other step I can think of is "isolation". This will still require that you some how get a cable to the Playbar. Excepting the Playbar and Sub unplug your other Sonos to isolate them and preserve the new Wi-Fi credentials. Run the steps in the links to get the Playbar and Sub on the new Wi-Fi. Then plug in your other Sonos which will have retained the new credentials.
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Hi cbiccum

Follow the instructions in the first link to remove old wireless credentials from your Sonos then proceed to the second link.

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/3488?language=en_US

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/1061?language=en_US

Cheers!
AJTrek, thanks for the info, now that I have have the connect amps all on the proper wifi though and the soundbar is still old wifi do you recommend this? Trying to avoid having to run a wire to my sonos soundbar.. Tough where it's located.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Hi cbiccum

The other option is to factory reset your Playbar and Sub and add them back as new speakers. You'll also, have to re-bond the Playbar and Sub, Note: Any Playlists stored with Playbar will be lost.
That's what I'm trying to avoid as it's a bunch of work, not sure why the playbar wouldn't come back up after setting the one amp up...
AHHHH sweet, I just ran the wifi setup again and this time it found the soundbar! All good.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Ha! Ha! Just what I was going to suggest (sort of) :8. See below.

The only other step I can think of is "isolation". This will still require that you some how get a cable to the Playbar. Excepting the Playbar and Sub unplug your other Sonos to isolate them and preserve the new Wi-Fi credentials. Run the steps in the links to get the Playbar and Sub on the new Wi-Fi. Then plug in your other Sonos which will have retained the new credentials.