Sonos Play One will not connect via Wifi

• 26 May 2018
  • 3 replies

I have an existing Sonos Connect which is hardwired to my LAN. I have attempted numerous times to connect my Sonos Play One. The P1, will connect when it is hard wired, but never via WiFi. I have updated the device as of today.

Switch: Netgear Prosafe Plus
Wifi AccessPoint/Router: Apple Mac Airport Extreme (Network 1) / Apple Mac Airport Extreme (Network 2)

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Your P:1 should talk to the wired CONNECT via SonosNet. Move it closer if necessary. Has the radio been disabled in either unit?
It's less than 10 feet away. How do I check if the radio is disabled?
Did you purchase the PLAY:1 yourself? You really shouldn't want to or need to turn off the radio, it's a non-supported by Sonos function. However, if it had, as ratty was suggesting, that might be a reason why it's not connecting.

Connect it with the ethernet cable, so it does show up in the controller app, and then submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of experiencing this issue, and call in to Sonos to discuss it.