Answered

Sonos Play 1 to projector

• 27 May 2018
  • 3 replies

I recently bought two Sonos Play 1 speakers to use in my basement since we remodeled. They came yesterday and I love the sound, but when I began looking at them I can’t figure out if/how they will work to connect to my projector.
icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 27 May 2018, 16:30

Ok, if you’re using a splitter on an audio jack, I’m assuming you’re talking about an analog stereo output from the projector. In that case, you could either feed it to a line-in on a PLAY:5 and group the two sets of speakers, or feed it to the Line-in on a CONNECT, and group the PLAY:1s with that. Neither one terribly cheap, but both either would work well for your situation, and give you a good stereo signal from the PLAY:1s
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

They can't, directly. There's no line in on a PLAY:1, or Sonos Ones, either. The only devices that Sonos sells with a line in are: CONNECT, CONNECT:AMP, PLAY:5, PLAYBAR and PLAYBASE.

How did you intend to get audio out of your projector? If you share that info, we can probably have suggestion on how to get the audio in to the Sonos ecosystem.
I’m not entirely sure...I didn’t do a ton of planning (as you can see). I thought I could just use a splitter from the audio jack on the projector and run hard lines to the external speakers above our drop ceiling.
Ok, if you’re using a splitter on an audio jack, I’m assuming you’re talking about an analog stereo output from the projector. In that case, you could either feed it to a line-in on a PLAY:5 and group the two sets of speakers, or feed it to the Line-in on a CONNECT, and group the PLAY:1s with that. Neither one terribly cheap, but both either would work well for your situation, and give you a good stereo signal from the PLAY:1s