Answered

Sonos play 1 pair with One gen 2

• 31 July 2019
  • 2 replies

Hi! I’ve a play 1, i’d like to know if is possible to create a stereo pair with a one gen 2 and use a vocal assistant to control both the speakers. In other words i want to use the play 1 as a satellite of a one gen 2, which it should be the main speaker. Thank you guys 🙂
icon

Best answer by ratty 31 July 2019, 14:17

Sonos doesn't officially support stereo pairing of One with Play:1, for a very good reason: despite superficial similarities they're totally different inside, with differing acoustic characteristics.

That of course doesn't prevent you from grouping the two devices, as separate rooms.

You can evidently use a third party app called SonoSequencer to stereo pair dissimilar players. You'd have to be the judge of whether the result is acceptable.
View original

2 replies

Sonos doesn't officially support stereo pairing of One with Play:1, for a very good reason: despite superficial similarities they're totally different inside, with differing acoustic characteristics.

That of course doesn't prevent you from grouping the two devices, as separate rooms.

You can evidently use a third party app called SonoSequencer to stereo pair dissimilar players. You'd have to be the judge of whether the result is acceptable.
That makes sense...thank you very much!!