Answered

Sonos only recognizes One SL on Eero 6+

• 16 July 2022
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

I just replaced Google Next Mesh with Eero 6+ mesh. All Wi-Fi devices work except Sonos. Well, Sonos only recognizes one speaker (One SL). I have seven speakers. The system was working fine until I switched. My controller is S2.One of the speakers is old. It is on S1. Again, no problems until switch.

icon

Best answer by Didymus 17 July 2022, 01:02

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

@Didymus,

Perhaps try setting the WiFi security to use WPA2 AES and see if that helps to resolve the issue.

I suggest you perhaps also cable one Sonos product to the primary eero Hub, assuming it’s acting as your router and not bridged.

You may find this thread helpful too…

Sonos on WiFi Mesh

Here are the supported WiFi modes and security standards for Sonos products:

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/126

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Ken, I read your linked items. I see no reason why Eero wouldn’t work if Google did. I think I’ll have to take this up with Eero. Thank you for your quick response.

Ken, I read your linked items. I see no reason why Eero wouldn’t work if Google did. I think I’ll have to take this up with Eero. Thank you for your quick response.

It depends on what you have in place for your WiFi security - S1 doesn’t support WPA3 and you will need the 2.4Ghz band to be set backward compatible to 802.11b/g/n - so just give that a look-see and then the ideal setup for Sonos is ‘wired-mode’ SonosNet as mentioned in the ‘Sonos on WiFi Mesh’ thread - if you try those things and no joy, then give their support desk a call, perhaps?

@Didymus 

Later in that thread aswell, it’s suggested to also reserve the Sonos IP addresses in the routers DHCP Reservation table - that’s perhaps also worth considering too IMHO, once you have the devices up and running.

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Well. That’s embarrassing. The first thing I tried was the usual. Turn everything off and back on. It didn’t work. I just did it again a couple of hours later and it worked. I guess something changed in between. Thank you for your assistance. Sorry to waste your time.

I see no reason why Eero wouldn’t work if Google did. 

If all mesh systems worked the same way then that would be a logical comment, but they don’t.  Sonos is not like your other devices, because it requires constant communication between multiple devices.  Particular features of particular mesh systems can pose problems, although it is generally possible to deal with those.

I am glad your Sonos is working again but if there are further problems come back for more guidance.