Answered

sonos one work with cellphones?

• 20 October 2018
  • 6 replies

who i connect my smart phone wite sonos one?
icon

Best answer by Chris 20 October 2018, 15:13

Sonos One will work kinda like Bluetooth with Apple Airplay. If your phone is an apple yes it will send out whatever sound you want from phone.
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

What do you mean by that? You'll find the Android- and iOS Controller app in the respective App store.
Userlevel 4
Badge +11
Sonos does not work like a bluetooth speaker - the smart phone is more like a remote control. You tell Sonos via your phone what to play. Then you can turn your phone off and Sonos still plays because it is fetching the music from the internet or wherever, not through your phone.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Sonos One will work kinda like Bluetooth with Apple Airplay. If your phone is an apple yes it will send out whatever sound you want from phone.
Userlevel 4
Badge +11
That sounds like it would be an unreliable way of using Sonos. Unless I am the only person in the house I don't want phone calls, battery levels or me walking to the shops to stop my hifi.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
That is why Bluetooth/Airplay aren't the best way to play from your Sonos speaker. The Sonos App is the best way allows you to choose music/ search music from variety of sources where the Sonos speaker pulls the music direct from the sources (apple music, google play, spotify, radio, pandora etc). When using the Sonos app your phone can ring, battery go dead anything and it won't interrupt music as the music is being fetched from source not streamed from your phone (like airplay/Bluetooth). People have clamored wanting airplay for flexibility in music sources - but Sonos App is still the best way to play music to sonos.