Answered

Sonos one won't connect.

• 6 April 2019
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 2
I purchased two Sonos One speakers and like any relatively new Sonos product, they are an absolute nightmare. It took about 90 minutes to get the first one to connect. The original connection attempt failed. There is no way to reattempt a failed connection. The message on the App is that the speaker is already set up....but it is not.
icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 6 April 2019, 20:41

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

If it says it has already been set up, then you could safely factory reset only that speaker to get it back to the start.
I am having the same issue. It was connected for a couple weeks. And now it won’t connect. I’ve done a factory reset multiple times. And still won’t connect.
Actually, it sounds like you have a different issue. The OP's issue was they were having trouble getting the Sonos One set up the first time. Your issue seems to be that it was connected, and now isn't.

First off, please stop doing a factory reset, unless you're specifically instructed. It's unlikely to help anything, and can be destructive to data that eventually might help resolve the issue.

• What was the last thing that you did?
  • What currently shows up in your controller?
  • How are you trying to add this speaker?
  • Have you wired the speaker that you're having trouble with directly to your router with an ethernet cable?
  • What device are you running the controller on?
  • What OS is running on that device?
  • What version of the Sonos controller are you using?
The Sonos one doesn’t have a controller. Just the app for iPhone. I spent an hour on customer support trying to connect and no luck.
They want me to connect to the Ethernet but it did not come with an Ethernet cable. And this is being used at my place of employment. I don’t have access to the business router.
My employer has an extender on the router.
Like I said. It’s worked fine for 3 weeks. Even when I came in today. And then just stopped connecting.
I would return it if I was able to.
I am really unsatisfied for the money. Will just get a Bluetooth instead.
OK, might be best. Sonos is not designed for use in a business environment, due to many of the issues you've already described, particularly enterprise routing and firewalls. I'm surprised it worked at all.

I think you'll be much better served by a bluetooth device at your office. Why not install the Sonos in its intended environment, your home?
I already have what I need at home. They need to tell consumers it doesn’t work anywhere else.
There is no firewall at my work. And the customer support wasn’t helpful. In fact. It was useless.
I will never buy one of their products again.
The set up is ridiculous. And then you can’t reboot and set up easily. I spent 4 hours today trying to connect. And every time I got a different screen or set up mode.
i would rather buy and apple product.