Answered

Sonos One with Alexa. Does NOT work in Canada????

• 14 February 2018
  • 2 replies

I purchased a new Sonos One with Alexa today and went through the normal setup... then I find out that Alexa on Sonos does not work in Canada..... this sucks.
icon

Best answer by Ryan S 27 February 2018, 19:01

Hi hearnp, I just made the announcement for Sonos version 8.4 which includes Alexa on Sonos in Canada.

Available today, English language control for Amazon Alexa is on the Sonos One in Canada. You can go to the More tab in your Sonos app and tap Voice Services to enable Alexa on your Sonos One.

The beta of our Sonos Skill for Alexa is now available in Canada as well, which you can install and use to wirelessly send commands from your Amazon Echo or Dot devices to your Sonos players.

To get started, enable the Sonos skill in your Alexa app.

Please note Amazon Music isn't quite ready on Sonos in Canada. More details can be found here.
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Hi hearnp, I just made the announcement for Sonos version 8.4 which includes Alexa on Sonos in Canada.

Available today, English language control for Amazon Alexa is on the Sonos One in Canada. You can go to the More tab in your Sonos app and tap Voice Services to enable Alexa on your Sonos One.

The beta of our Sonos Skill for Alexa is now available in Canada as well, which you can install and use to wirelessly send commands from your Amazon Echo or Dot devices to your Sonos players.

To get started, enable the Sonos skill in your Alexa app.

Please note Amazon Music isn't quite ready on Sonos in Canada. More details can be found here.
Userlevel 3
Badge +3
It’s here, and it works, and it’s great. Great installation process, worked like a charm.