Answered

Sonos One plug too loose ?? Frustrated with my disconnecting Speaker

• 27 October 2018
  • 6 replies

Badge
I've been so frustrated after setting up my Sonos One Speaker because the plug into the Speaker is just too darn loose. If I need to pick up the Speaker, the Speaker just suddenly shuts off and stops playing.I think it might be losing internet or something when I move it, but I don't really understand. Also,why on EARTH would you expect me to pay $200 for a Speaker that doesn't sit flat on the table?

Does anyone else have this problem?I'm really close to calling up Best Buy and asking for a refund at this point because for $200 this loose plug Speaker is a piece of garbage.:@:@:@:@:@:@:@:@:@:@:@:@:@:@
icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 28 October 2018, 02:09

I thought I would post this picture, just to help, (it’s a Play:1 shown, but it’s close enough), but i have to admit, I did have a chuckle over this thread, when I read through the comments.?
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21
Why not call Sonos on Monday and arrange a replacement cord or the One if necessary?

Haven't seen too loose, have seen to tight... Maybe you two could trade cords and he could quit having to lube his? 🙂
The $200 speaker doesn't sit flat on the table because the power connector hasn't been pushed in properly. This is also why the speaker cuts out when picked up.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Yea ratty is right - the plug is real tight and you don't have it pushed in flush. Saying it doesn't sit flat on table means your not pushing the cord all the way in and you not pushing it in is the source of all your issues.
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
Well then the suggestion I gave the too-tight guy might help. Dry Silicone lube (powdery,not greasy) sprayed on a rag or your fingers and lightly wiped on the exterior of the plug should help it slip in.

I like this stuff but anything similar - just not greasy lube:

https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B00BCVXUVM/?coliid=I1T39WXHGY01IU&colid=IW42U8NV89NZ&psc=0&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
How many posters does it take to plug in a Sonos...
I thought I would post this picture, just to help, (it’s a Play:1 shown, but it’s close enough), but i have to admit, I did have a chuckle over this thread, when I read through the comments.?