Answered

Sonos One may not appear message

• 2 January 2021
  • 11 replies

Hi,

I have 3 sonos devices. My Sonos one keep throwing the message "your Sonos one has been added but may not appear in the system tab". I have tried with the original ethernet cable and various suggestions but only when trying to connect to a different router it's working.

icon

Best answer by Corry P 23 February 2021, 10:43

Hi @eyalcoco 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

Are you still having trouble with this? If so, I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team directly so they can get diagnostics from your system and identify the issue for you.

View original

11 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Have you tried resetting your router? Or resetting the Sonos One?

Of course. Everytime I'm reseting the Sonos it ends with the mentioned message. And also, reseting the router even to it's default settings ends up the same.

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

If you move the Sonos One to a different location, do you get the same result?

Same result.

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

How about changing your router’s wireless channel, or if any of your speakers are wired to your router, changing the SonosNet channel in the app?

Tried fixing the channel to 1,6 and 11 as recommended. My other Sonos speakers not connected using LAN cable, all setup is connected wireless. 

Tried fixing the channel to 1,6 and 11 as recommended. My other Sonos speakers not connected using LAN cable, all setup is connected wireless. 

Do you have more than one router, or WiFi access point on the local network and are they using the same SSID’s/Passords and channels as the main router? Or do you have any guest WiFi networks operating on your router?

Only one router.

Userlevel 3
Badge +10

Hi @eyalcoco 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

Are you still having trouble with this? If so, I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team directly so they can get diagnostics from your system and identify the issue for you.

Hi,

I have changed my ISP router after replacing my ISP from to private Linksys router. the speaker was able to connect afterwards and it ran sw update.

I wonder now, after the sw update, if it will connect to the old network.

I have tried with the old router to connect it with LAN cable, restore it to default settings and whatever comes to mind - I have tried.

Anyway, my all Sonos system now works much better so it wasn’t a speaker issue.

Userlevel 3
Badge +10

Hi @eyalcoco 

Glad to hear you’ve resolved the issue. Buying a router is always a better option than using the one that you get for free, as long as you spend at least 50 dollars/euros/pounds on it.