Answered

Sonos MOVE with Onkyo TX-NR636

• 4 August 2022
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge
  • Trending Lyricist I
  • 10 replies

I’d like to be able to have the MOVE permanently on the second floor of my house. The receiver is on an upper floor and I want to keep it there. I have only a turntable connected to the Onkyo. Will I be able to connect via Bluetooth or WiFi to the speaker? (The Onkyo has WiFi and Bluetooth capability). I didn’t find an answer to this question specifically in the Support and I apologize if I’m missing it. If I can’t connect in this scenario, what do I need to do? Thanks!

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 4 August 2022, 15:23

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Thanks Ken, much appreciated!

Looking online there’s no way to connect the Onkyo and Move without a further in-between device as the Onkyo BT is RX - I couldn’t find anything that mentions it has a BT transmitter, but in any event, I would not ‘chance’ a BT connection across different levels/floors in the Home.

I would just add a Sonos Port to the Onkyo Receiver and that way you can input Sonos audio sources to the Receiver and output the Onkyo audio sources (incl. Turntable) to your Move and any other Sonos devices you might choose add to the Home later.

Here is some information about the Sonos Port:

https://www.sonos.com/en-gb/guides/port