Sonos keep crapping out on me

• 18 November 2021
  • 2 replies

incessant persistent Sonos connectivity issue\.

Raised issue on the sonos roam and was never resolved. there was no solution. and it was so bad that i got rid of i and decided that i never want to have anything to do with it ever!

worse experience ever - cant understand why people still want to buy it.

And now for my sonos beam / one setup, my airplay just keep connection issues on a daily basis. when will these sonos issues every stop. maybe when i dispose of it. 

2 replies

Odd, I’ve got no issues with either the Roam, or with any other of the many Sonos speakers I have. Including using AirPlay 2 from both my iPad and iPhone. I wonder if you’re system is experiencing some sort of wifi interference . Unfortunately, there just isn’t enough information in your post to be certain. I would certainly recommend that you submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of experiencing tone of these connection issues, and call Sonos Support to discuss it.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, they have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and network.

for sonos roam bluetooth to disconnect when it idles for a while, it was said that it was an expected.

None of my other bluetooth audio devices behave like this so it only means that Sonos redefines a new way of bluetooth audio management that deviates from other audio devices. 

Closing Youtube audio on my pc caused a momentary pause / cut-off in sonos bluetooth audio although there are other apps that are still running and playing audio. And again this only happens with Sonos roam bluetooth.

So want to at least want to share with people who sign up to buy sonos so that they truly know what they are signing up for.

For the Beam + One, I will submit diagnostic and see how the experience goes.