Answered

sonos input from rotel 1592 problem for speakers

• 21 November 2020
  • 6 replies

I’ve got Sonos port running from pre out to the input jacks from a Rotel 1592 amp. cannot get it to play on any of my wireless Sonos one or Sonos five speakers or my Sonos move. I want to be able to stream sound out from the Rotel to output via the Sonos port to my wireless devices but it is just not working. Any ideas on what I can do?

icon

Best answer by ratty 21 November 2020, 20:15

Yes, but have you told Sonos to play the Line-In (and hence the Rotel’s pre out). If so, then perhaps the pre out is silent. You can always test the Sonos Line-In using another, known-good, source.

View original

6 replies

Have you selected the Line-In source on Sonos?

Says the line in is connected in the sonos app. beats me. There’s no option to select any source as such either. :(

The Line-In will show as connected if there are plugs physically inserted. The source won’t play on its own (unless Autoplay is configured); you need to select it via Browse>Line-In, on whichever speaker(s) you want to play.

The source is playing. Coming out of the physically connected speakers.

The stream is silent...

Yes, but have you told Sonos to play the Line-In (and hence the Rotel’s pre out). If so, then perhaps the pre out is silent. You can always test the Sonos Line-In using another, known-good, source.

All fixed thank. Took it all back to reinstall and whatever was glitching stopped :)

thanks all