Answered

Sonos controller can't connect [Windows 10]

• 19 January 2018
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 4
Hello!

I am unable to connect to the controller with this firewall configuration on my Windows 10 PC:

What's weird is that when I completely disable the Windows Firewall temporarily I can connect... Yet just adding Sonos as an exception WITH the firewall on doesn't work? Any other ideas?

Diagnostic (if it's useful?): 8382980

Thanks. 🙂
icon

Best answer by JackWright 19 January 2018, 19:55

It's fixed, I found the issue. This option was ticked in my Firewall! It must have been turned on by a now uninstalled VPN app I had - as I never touched it and I only ever had issues AFTER uninstalling the VPN app. :P

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hello there, JackWright. Chances are there is something else on in the firewall that is not allowing access. Perhaps this article on Windows Firewall will prove helpful.

Feel free to reach back out if you have questions!
Userlevel 4
It's fixed, I found the issue. This option was ticked in my Firewall! It must have been turned on by a now uninstalled VPN app I had - as I never touched it and I only ever had issues AFTER uninstalling the VPN app. :P

Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Good to hear you got it sorted! Feel free to reach back out should you run into another issue.
Userlevel 4
Hello there, JackWright. Chances are there is something else on in the firewall that is not allowing access. Perhaps this article on Windows Firewall will prove helpful.

Feel free to reach back out if you have questions!

You were right! However my solution isn't listed on that support page (I did read it before you replied!)... worth an inclusion? 🙂
Userlevel 4
Oh and thanks for your help! ^^
Please help - I cannot maintain a connection to Sonos on Windows 10. The solutions in this thread helped, briefly, but then I lost connections again. I suspect it is the firewall, however none of the directions here provide a lasting solution. Once I am able to play music, then I cannot hear audio from my computer in other formats. Help!
Userlevel 4
Please help - I cannot maintain a connection to Sonos on Windows 10. The solutions in this thread helped, briefly, but then I lost connections again. I suspect it is the firewall, however none of the directions here provide a lasting solution. Once I am able to play music, then I cannot hear audio from my computer in other formats. Help!

I find it odd that you can connect briefly, then lose the connection...
Have you tried disabling your antivirus temporarily to see if it's or they're interfering with it?