Answered

Sonos Beam wont Factory Reset

• Contributor I
  • 4 replies

On following steps for factory reset as given on sosnos portal, the led on beam flashes white and orange , but never turns green indicating it's ready to be setup.

When tried in same state, to connect through Sonos app, it fails to register Beam.

My Bram was running on Sonos S2 before the factory reset.

Any insights on resolving issue would be very helpful

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 7 August 2022, 20:47

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

10 replies

You tried to reset by using join button?

You tried to reset by using join button?

Yes, while holding the infinity button at power on until led started flashing Amber and white.

I waited for it to turn green indicating, its ready for setup but it never did.

I simply tried connecting through app. It goes through initial phases of detecting beam, but unable to complete the setup..

I am currently having this exact same problem.

I was switching out an old Amazon Fire Stick with a new Nvidia Shield for my TV and had to briefly unplug my Beam to move which socket it was plugged into on the surge protector. When the Beam was plugged back in, the LED on top was flashing white (not the pulsing flash but a harsh on/off) and has not turned solid to indicate it’s connected.

I tried factory resetting just like you and have not been able to get the reset to complete.. just endless orange/white flashing.

Could this be something caused by some network interference with the new Shield or something? I haven't even turned on or configured the Shield yet so maybe the Fire Stick being removed? Just very frustrated at this point so hopefully we can find some answers.

I am currently having this exact same problem.

I was switching out an old Amazon Fire Stick with a new Nvidia Shield for my TV and had to briefly unplug my Beam to move which socket it was plugged into on the surge protector. When the Beam was plugged back in, the LED on top was flashing white (not the pulsing flash but a harsh on/off) and has not turned solid to indicate it’s connected.

I tried factory resetting just like you and have not been able to get the reset to complete.. just endless orange/white flashing.

Could this be something caused by some network interference with the new Shield or something? I haven't even turned on or configured the Shield yet so maybe the Fire Stick being removed? Just very frustrated at this point so hopefully we can find some answers.

Hello,

Shield should not be an issue, as i was using with exact same setup. My shield connects to the TV and I am using beam as audio out from TV via hdmi arc.

It used to work seamlessly for past many months.

But with the new update flashing atop in Sonos app, the beam won't update at all and every now n then it used to try and automatically update the firmware but without success. It was very frustrating as while watching, it used to try out rendering the audio out with no sound, despite the automatic schedule set to a different phase of the day.

Hence tried a factory reset after multiple unsuccessful attempts to manually update the firmware.

The status today is, there is no chime that beam is able to play -no.sound. Even infinity button , doesn't seem to work as per steps in app.

The app looks to hear a chime as one of the stages to pair it up, but there ain't any. Even when I try to enter the code manually in app, it won't pair :(

Seems an issue with the latest update ?

Hopefully it's resolved soon ..

Nobody should be factory resetting their Sonos devices unless you are selling/giving them to another party or are told to by Sonos support.  Factory resetting does nothing beneficial that isn't accomplished by a reboot, and it erases valuable diagnostics which can be used by Sonos to give support if the reboot doesn't work.

Again, stop factory resetting your Sonos!

Nobody should be factory resetting their Sonos devices unless you are selling/giving them to another party or are told to by Sonos support.  Factory resetting does nothing beneficial that isn't accomplished by a reboot, and it erases valuable diagnostics which can be used by Sonos to give support if the reboot doesn't work.

Again, stop factory resetting your Sonos!

Thanks..

Seems a little too late now to read about  this disclaimer on factory reset :( :(

Anyways, any work around that can be used now to resolve the issue ? 

Thanks in advance..

Thanks..

Seems a little too late now to read about  this disclaimer on factory reset :( :(

Thanks in advance..

Maybe try the reset whilst the device is cabled direct to the router and see if that works, but at the moment it sounds like there maybe a hardware fault. If no joy after that one last try, I would perhaps speak direct to Sonos Support Staff via this LINK.

Thanks..

Thanks in advance..

Maybe try the reset whilst the device is cabled direct to the router and see if that works, but at the moment it sounds like there maybe a hardware fault. If no joy after that one last try, I would perhaps speak direct to Sonos Support Staff via this LINK.

Thanks ..

But no luck with this either :(

Will try and reach out to support staff.

Thanks !

I did some additional troubleshooting yesterday but still did not have any luck.

Plugging the Beam directly into my router via an ethernet cable did not change how the Beam was acting. Still just flashing white with no option to connect. When I would be able to see the Beam in the app to connect to (as if it were a new device), I also would not get any chime to confirm the connection so it would end up failing every time.

I will be reaching out to Support today since they were not open yesterday. Worst case I went ahead and ordered an Arc to replace this Beam. Did not think that this failing suddenly would push me to spend $900 on another Sonos product… smh

I did some additional troubleshooting yesterday but still did not have any luck.

Plugging the Beam directly into my router via an ethernet cable did not change how the Beam was acting. Still just flashing white with no option to connect. When I would be able to see the Beam in the app to connect to (as if it were a new device), I also would not get any chime to confirm the connection so it would end up failing every time.

I will be reaching out to Support today since they were not open yesterday. Worst case I went ahead and ordered an Arc to replace this Beam. Did not think that this failing suddenly would push me to spend $900 on another Sonos product… smh

Perhaps let us know the outcome of your call to Support - it would be helpful to know what the issue was in this instance.👍