Answered

Sonos beam with projector and tv

• 27 November 2018
  • 1 reply

Hi all, sorry if this seems stupid I think iv over researched to the point I’m afraid il miss something. Iv decided I want to upgrade from the old soundbar (Samsung hw-e450) and as I already have a few play 1’s I taught the beam would be perfect. At the moment I have Sky, Apple TV and Xbox connected to tv and the soundbar connected to optical, then projector (xgimi h1) connected to soundbar with hdmi so anytime I want to watch something on the projector I just switch out the hdmi in the back of the box and connect the projectors hdmi cable. I’m afraid of using some of the switches and matrix’s out there as I’m always wondering about a loss of quality or will they pass through the likes of hdr and 4k signals should I ever upgrade the tv.

Am I right in thinking if I was to run a long optical cable alongside the projectors hdmi cable I would be able to achieve a 5.0 system on both by switching 2 cables instead of 1 as I’m doing now? Anytime I want to watch projector I could plug projectors hdmi directly into the sky box and optical directly into the beam?

Sorry if iv rambled I just want to be sure as sonos ain’t cheap and I don’t want to discover later I missed something stupid
icon

Best answer by Blink44 27 November 2018, 19:40

Actually just realised myself I’m unsure if even the Xgimi h1 can output 5.1 from hdmi to optical so that could potentially scupper that plan.

If anyone has a recommendation for an ideal switch or matrix available in the U.K. or ireland that would deal with the beam, tv and projector while also being future proofed enough to support all the modern day tech like hdr/4k for when I eventually pull the trigger on a fancy new OLED tv

Many thanks again
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Actually just realised myself I’m unsure if even the Xgimi h1 can output 5.1 from hdmi to optical so that could potentially scupper that plan.

If anyone has a recommendation for an ideal switch or matrix available in the U.K. or ireland that would deal with the beam, tv and projector while also being future proofed enough to support all the modern day tech like hdr/4k for when I eventually pull the trigger on a fancy new OLED tv

Many thanks again