Question

Sonos Beam connection to a TV with limited options.

• 19 February 2019
  • 5 replies

I purchased a Sonos Beam recently and already own 3 Sonos 1.

I just realized my tv doesn't have a HDMI arc nor an audio coaxial port.

I am posting the pictures here as to what my telivision has so that the community can suggest me with the solutions or workaround if any exist. Or my only option is to buy a new TV.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

That seems to be an expensive option, to replace the whole TV (although sometimes not a horrible thing, either). How about a slightly less expensive option?

With your setup, I'd recommend an external HDMI switch. You can get them with HDMI-ARC, or with an optical output. That would pull the audio out before it gets to your TV, and allow you to connect your Beam to the switch.

No, I don't have any particular recommendations. If you read through the home theater area, you'll see a bunch of posts about them, with people who use them. I'm not one of them, so it's hard for me to recommend or warn you against any one in particular.

But that cost would likely be much more appealing. A switch, and an extra HDMI cable or two should fix you right up.
That seems to be an expensive option, to replace the whole TV (although sometimes not a horrible thing, either). How about a slightly less expensive option?

With your setup, I'd recommend an external HDMI switch. You can get them with HDMI-ARC, or with an optical output. That would pull the audio out before it gets to your TV, and allow you to connect your Beam to the switch.

No, I don't have any particular recommendations. If you read through the home theater area, you'll see a bunch of posts about them, with people who use them. I'm not one of them, so it's hard for me to recommend or warn you against any one in particular.

But that cost would likely be much more appealing. A switch, and an extra HDMI cable or two should fix you right up.

Thank you so much for the quick response. I did like to give that solution a try before buying a new TV. Online space is so confusing that I am having a hard time to figure out what I need to shop. Can you help me with the links for products you mentioned. I will go ahead and place an order
I see you happen to be from India, perhaps you may want to check with some of our Indian users, who may have better links than I do. All of my links would point to the US version of Amazon, which, from my time in Bengaluru isn't very useful.

And, as I suggested, there are many threads in the Home Theater area with people who have experience with these devices, which I do not.
I see you happen to be from India, perhaps you may want to check with some of our Indian users, who may have better links than I do. All of my links would point to the US version of Amazon, which, from my time in Bengaluru isn't very useful.

And, as I suggested, there are many threads in the Home Theater area with people who have experience with these devices, which I do not.

I start in Cambridge so that shouldn't be a problem. 🙂 Waiting for you to share the links thank you again.
I'll again suggest, for the third time, that you look in the Home Theater section of this forum for such links.