Sonos Beam + BenQ W2000 projector

• 21 April 2019
  • 2 replies

Hi, I want to use my Sonos Beam (+ 2x Ones) to output audio from my BenQ W2000 projector (https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B015OEK8YY/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1)

The BenQ W2000 has neither HDMI ARC nor optical out. It only has one HDMI and one HDMI MHL socket. Is there are solution here? I have read that I can potentially use an HDMI ARC adaptor, or something about a receiver. Any help would be appreciated.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Additionally, I am primarily using a PS4 as the input device. I'm currently connecting the Beam to the PS4 via and optical out with the optical/HDMI adaptor, but obviously I'd rather connect the Beam directly to the projector.
What you'd want to do is pull the audio out before it reaches the projector. Read through the Home Theater area of this forum looking for discussions about HDMI switches, which would have an optical output that you could use to connect to the adapter to the Beam.