Sonos Beam

• 11 January 2019
  • 3 replies

I have a Sonos Beam at the moment and I am looking at adding 2 x Play:1 speakers to enable surround sound. However I would like to use the music services to drive just the 2 speakers without sound coming from the Beam on occasions. I assume I will need to switch the TV on to activate the Beam but can the sound be isolated to only come out of the Play:1 speakers?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

sheffieldsteeler,

Just to also mention that you do not need to have your TV switched on to play music sources through your Beam and/or surround/connected speakers. You can leave the TV off or in standby, pick up a phone controller or speak to Alexa built into the Beam and play music from Amazon, Spotify, Deezer etc.
Or remove surrounds and create a stereo pair with the two play ones
When configured as surrounds, sound will come from the Beam even for music sources. There is a setting to enable full volume instead or ambient on the surrounds for music sources.