Question

Sonos Arc surround sound.

• 18 October 2020
  • 4 replies

Hi

I have just bought a Sonos Arc and have set it up.  I am now trying to add to older Play 1s as surround sound speakers.  I did it before on an older Beam without issue.  \

I have reset both play 1s.  They are flashing green.  But they will not connect.  The app just says “2 compatible Sonos speakers are required…...”

any ides?

thanks

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Factory resets of Sonos speakers are not a good idea except when transferring ownership.

I suggest adding them back to your system as individual speakers first.

Then try powering off your router and all Sonos.  Power the router fully back up, then power on wired Sonos devices (if any), then Playbar, then Play:1s.

That often works, but not always.  Please post back either way.

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi edward.venmore.

Welcome to the Sonos community and thanks for reaching out to us. I understand the situation you’re in and wanted to help.

I would like to ask if you can just shoot me a private message of your desired screen name here in the Sonos community and I can take care of it for you. This is to protect your personal information (Email address) from being displayed as your screen name.

Please do not hesitate to reach out or create a topic if you still have further questions or concerns. We are always here to help.

Thanks,

The diagnostic code

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @evov.

Thanks for the immediate response and for submitting a diagnostic.

Based on the provided diagnostic, it seems that the Sonos App is not even detecting them to be fully-added to the system. I would suggest since while the device is flashing green, add them first as individual music speakers configured in a separate room and once both Sonos Play 1 have been added back to the Sonos App, then we can proceed on add surrounds.

If the above statement would not work, I would suggest contacting our technical support team so they can further investigate what is causing the issue.

Please do not hesitate to reach out or create a topic if you still have further questions or concerns. We are always here to help.

Thanks,