Answered

Sonos Arc sound volume won't change

• 8 April 2021
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1

So I reset my system (which up until now was working fine) because I had network issues.  Now, even after completely rebooting the Sonos app I can no longer control the Arc’s volume via the app OR my remote control (which was setup to do it and used to work just fine before this network reset).

I ran Soundcheck to recalibrate (which worked fine AND had high volume) but afterwards the Arc is about as silence as a silenced lamb.

I’ve rebooted the Arc as well with no luck.  I can’t turn the volume down or up -- or even silence it.  Anyone have a clue as to what to do next?

icon

Best answer by Kelleytoons 8 April 2021, 12:50

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

I’m not sure what you mean by “reset”. If you mean Factory Reset, you’ll need to follow the new, out of the box setup instructions. I don’t recommend Factory Reset without further consult because Factory Reset rarely cures issues such as yours. Reboot (remove power for a short while) is OK.

Do the ARC’s touch controls adjust Volume? How are you connecting ARC to your TV?

Userlevel 1

I think I fixed it.  I had had a problem with one of my networks (SO many networks, with SO many different connections to them) and was trying to get Sonos to see one of my other 2.4GZ ones but I could find no where in the app to do this, and couldn’t even get it with a reset.

So I went to the other direction and troubleshooted and restored the network and all is well.  At least until I ever have to change networks again.