Answered

Sonos Arc setup with LG55 GI EVO

• 11 June 2021
  • 5 replies

LG55 GI EVO with Arc installed, just HDMI to correct TV HDMI.

After setup the Arch was the permanent sound output device. Attempts to select TV speakers would switch back to HDMI Arch.

One solution suggested was disable simple-link on TV. This works. It appears this new TV may not be full compatibility with the Arch. If anybody else has experienced this, or just smart enough to know a work around and solution it would be most welcome.

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 11 June 2021, 13:18

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7

FYI… every major TV manufacturer has their own name for CEC (Consumer Electronics Control). LG calls it “Simplink”. Panasonic calls it “VIERA Link”. Sony calls it “Bravia Sync”. Samsung calls it “Anynet+”… It’s like they all get together and come up with ways to confuse the consumer even more.

Userlevel 7

What exactly is the problem you are experiencing? It sounds like the Arc and TV’s CEC function is working as it should. If you want the TV audio playing out of the Arc, enable Simplink. If you want the TV audio playing out of the TV speakers, disable Simplink.

What exactly is the problem you are experiencing? It sounds like the Arc and TV’s CEC function is working as it should.

The deselection was suggested previously elsewhere. It was also offered some TV’s are not suited to all sound bars.

I thought I would throw it out on this sonos community. From your reply am I to assume that deselecting Simple link necessary. If correct, will that affect any other appliance on other HDMI settings?

I have only started to setup decent equipment of late and it’s very involved and daunting. I enjoy the challenge, spending hours and hours, but when struggling to work things out I must seek some help. Please excuse what may appear the obvious to all, I have much to learn. Thanks.

Userlevel 7

Yes, I understand. Connecting a soundbar to a TV is probably a little more complicated than it should be. And keeping up with, and understanding, the latest technology is not easy.

Disabling Simplink (CEC) is necessary to only play audio out of your TV speakers. The alternative would be to disconnect the Arc completely from the TV.

Disabling CEC functionality on a TV could affect the ability to control other connected media devices with your TV’s remote.

Thanks for the replies and time to share.

It has helped me a lot to know there is a work around and turning off “simpllink” is not much hassle.

I shall monitor what settings change when enabled and disabled. If I am not bothered to, it will be a mistake and confuse all over again.

Must admit I have spent 90% of my time with remotes in hand and 10% watching the the TV screen…… remotes in hand still so probably always going to be that way. Would you believe I hardly ever watch the TV :joy:. Hard to believe know.

However, I watched a Movie for the first time in what seems ever today, half yesterday and second half today. Terrific experience with the soundbar. Looking forward to pick my times for more on the big screen.:fingers_crossed: