Sonos Arc Mounting Advice

• 9 September 2021
  • 12 replies

Good Evening,

I recently purchased a Sonos Arc Surround Set from you guys and I am looking for some installation advice in order to get the best possible experience for my configuration. 

I will be pairing the Surround Set with an LG OLED 65" C1 (1449 W x 830 H x 47 D). I plan to wall mount the TV above my wall unit.

I understand that it is recommended to have 4-5 inches (10-12.5 cm) between the Arc and the bottom of the TV. The height of my TV unit is 50 cm from the floor. 

Viewing Distance: 270cm (2.7M)

Eye Level: 106-107 cm (Industry standard 42").

Ceiling: standard 2.4m

By my calculations, for optimal viewing, the bottom edge of the TV should be 66.21cm from the floor if the tilt angle is 0 (so a fixed position mount). 

If I were to mount the TV here, I would not have sufficient room between the top of my TV unit (50cm) and the TV to leave the required 4" that Sonos recommend. 

It is recommended that speakers should be mounted at ear level or just below which again raises the TV even higher. Obviously there is going to have to be some compromise somewhere. I don't like the idea of mounting my TV that high in order to get the sound bar that high. So what's going to work best for me?

Aesthetically, it looks best to have a similar or even distance between Bottom of TV - Top of Arc and Bottom of Arc to Top of TV unit. 

So if we're using 4 inches top and bottom of the Arc on a 50CM high TV unit, the bottom of the TV sits at 791mm from the bottom of the floor which effects the optimal viewing angles.

What do you advise to be the best solution / compromise when trying to factor Visual / Audio and Aesthetics? Would a tilt mount work better? At what angle would I be required to tilt?

Appreciate any advice you may be able to give.

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Another option is to have the Arc on your TV unit but bring out from under your TV.  This wouldn’t require the recommended 4 inch of clearance between the TV and Arc as the upward firing speakers will be forward of the TV.

Another option is to have the Arc on your TV unit but bring out from under your TV.  This wouldn’t require the recommended 4 inch of clearance between the TV and Arc as the upward firing speakers will be forward of the TV.

Thanks. I have considered that but I’d prefer to keep the cabinet clear. Given the TV unit is only 50 cm high, I’m also thinking this may be too low?

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Thanks. I have considered that but I’d prefer to keep the cabinet clear. Given the TV unit is only 50 cm high, I’m also thinking this may be too low?

I would prioritise the TV position and wall mount the Arc underneath the TV, with the 4inch clearance.  I doubt that you would notice any difference to the sound quality with the differing height of the Arc position.

I would prioritise the TV position and wall mount the Arc underneath the TV, with the 4inch clearance.  I doubt that you would notice any difference to the sound quality with the differing height of the Arc position.

In order for me to do this, I would need to raise the TV higher than its optimal viewing height. That’s what I’m trying to find a way around it. 

Badge

Good Evening,

I recently purchased a Sonos Arc Surround Set from you guys and I am looking for some installation advice in order to get the best possible experience for my configuration. 

I will be pairing the Surround Set with an LG OLED 65" C1 (1449 W x 830 H x 47 D). I plan to wall mount the TV above my wall unit.

I understand that it is recommended to have 4-5 inches (10-12.5 cm) between the Arc and the bottom of the TV. The height of my TV unit is 50 cm from the floor. 

Viewing Distance: 270cm (2.7M)

Eye Level: 106-107 cm (Industry standard 42").

Ceiling: standard 2.4m

By my calculations, for optimal viewing, the bottom edge of the TV should be 66.21cm from the floor if the tilt angle is 0 (so a fixed position mount). 

If I were to mount the TV here, I would not have sufficient room between the top of my TV unit (50cm) and the TV to leave the required 4" that Sonos recommend. 

It is recommended that speakers should be mounted at ear level or just below which again raises the TV even higher. Obviously there is going to have to be some compromise somewhere. I don't like the idea of mounting my TV that high in order to get the sound bar that high. So what's going to work best for me?

Aesthetically, it looks best to have a similar or even distance between Bottom of TV - Top of Arc and Bottom of Arc to Top of TV unit. 

So if we're using 4 inches top and bottom of the Arc on a 50CM high TV unit, the bottom of the TV sits at 791mm from the bottom of the floor which effects the optimal viewing angles.

What do you advise to be the best solution / compromise when trying to factor Visual / Audio and Aesthetics? Would a tilt mount work better? At what angle would I be required to tilt?

Appreciate any advice you may be able to give.

Hi! I am having the same thought process. What did you finally go with? How did it turn out? Thanks.

I have my tv on a wall mount about 13” (from bottom of tv) above a stereo cabinet. Will an ARC laying on top of cabinet work  ?

Userlevel 1
Badge

I believe so yes but why not get the Arc mounting unit for under the TV (attaches to wall mount...) I believe it’s a Sinus product and in stock at Best Buy

Thank you 

Userlevel 1
Badge

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/sku/6440922.p?skuId=6440922
or wall mount: 

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/sku/6440927.p?skuId=6440927
by Sanus. Sorry about typo

I believe so yes but why not get the Arc mounting unit for under the TV (attaches to wall mount...) I believe it’s a Sinus product and in stock at Best Buy

A couple potential reasons.

1 - You may not want the soundbar to move/tilt along with TV.

2 - Aesthietcally, you may want to hide wires (power, HDMI between TV and Arc) behind the wall, and/or move the to the front of a cabinet.  

Understood that the 2nd mount is for the soundbar only which eliminates some of these issues.

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

I have my tv on a wall mount about 13” (from bottom of tv) above a stereo cabinet. Will an ARC laying on top of cabinet work  ?

I have my Arc sitting just above my TV cabinet on some 1.5” stands, the TV sits just behind the Arc and 1” above it. The Arc is close to the front edge of the cabinet to minimize any sound reflections from the top.

Having the TV that much higher than the Arc should work but as always it is what your ears tell you. Try the cabinet top option since it is free and easy, then one of the other mounts above if your ears insist.

Thank you v