Answered

Sonos ARC dolby atmos issue in LG OLED TV.

• 17 January 2022
  • 21 replies

Badge

I have just purchased SONOS ARC for my LG OLED G1 SERIES.Everything works perfect but the dolby atmos is not playing inTV.

So what i am doing wrong please guide me.i have paid subscriptiion(Top)for Netflix,Amazon,Sony,Hotstar but no dolby atmos for any of these streaming sites.

I am receiving only dolby 5.1 digital sound so please help me to solve this issue.

Thank you team

Chetan

icon

Best answer by 106rallye 17 January 2022, 10:02

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

21 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

What are yoor TV's sound settings? Can anything be set to pass through?

Badge

pls suggest me the proper settings

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

From https://www.avforums.com/threads/lg-oled-g1-evo-owners-and-discussion-thread.2352393/page-26

1. Change your Sound Out to HDMI ARC
  2. Go to All Settings -> Sound -> Additional Settings and turn on eARC.
  3. Under All Settings -> Sound -> Additional Settings -> Digital Sound Out select “Pass Through”
Userlevel 2
Badge

If you want Atmos from streaming services it comes through DD+ so you wouldn't even need eArc. Just make sure you've set it to passthrough and that you've selected a film that has an atmos soundtrack. 

Badge

can u share any youtube video how to set step by step ? very new to all these settings so pls help.

thanks team for all your support.

Userlevel 2
Badge

From https://www.avforums.com/threads/lg-oled-g1-evo-owners-and-discussion-thread.2352393/page-26

1. Change your Sound Out to HDMI ARC
  2. Go to All Settings -> Sound -> Additional Settings and turn on eARC.
  3. Under All Settings -> Sound -> Additional Settings -> Digital Sound Out select “Pass Through”

have you tried this yet?

Badge

Not yet but will surely try  and will reply …

thank you for all your supports...

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

If you want Atmos from streaming services it comes through DD+ so you wouldn't even need eArc. Just make sure you've set it to passthrough and that you've selected a film that has an atmos soundtrack. 

There are several shows I watch that come across as Dolby Atmos.  I'm at my winter home now and don't have Sonos here, but I know The Mandalorian is one of them.  That TV is an older LG OLED so I use a HDFury Arcana in that system.

Badge

I am getting DD+ after applying your suggested settings but still no dolby atmos😌pls suggest some more ideas…

thanks for all support.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

What does the Sonos app say you are receiving?

Badge

DOLBY DIGITAL PLUS 5.1

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

With what movie or series on what service?

Badge

Unbroken on NETFLIX ( I have premium membership)

Fast Fury Road

kingkong

Badge

Also money heist on Netflix 

Badge

Surprisingly An indian hindi movie stream in DOLBY ATMOS but no movie in Netflix( Hollywood) or Amazon prime streams in dolby atmos !!

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

You could ask Netflix in your country. Good to hear that it does work.

Badge

Dolby atmos works for now but sadly not for all dolby atmos movies…any suggestions 

thanks to all 

Userlevel 7

Dolby atmos works for now but sadly not for all dolby atmos movies…any suggestions 

thanks to all 

None of the titles you mentioned are available on Netflix in the US other than Money Heist, and this title is not in Dolby Atmos.

Make sure you see the Dolby Atmos logo next to the title, and make sure you choose the English audio track. Most Dolby Atmos titles have the Atmos audio on the English or original language track only.

You can also log in to your Netflix account on a web browser and make sure the Playback Settings under your Profile is set to HIGH.

Prime Video has very limited Dolby Atmos titles. The only Atmos titles that I am aware of is Jack Ryan, The Tomorrow War, Suspiria, and Carnival Row.

Badge

Ok…i will try for original soundtrack and will reply here…

thanks again for your valuable feedback 

Badge

Issue solved...thanks a lot for tips...yes dolby atmos can only be played in original soundtrack….

Sonos ARC is awsome even in 5.1 dolby digital sound….pls advice for speakers for sonos arc…

thanks again all of U...:relaxed:

Badge

please advice where should I keep SONOS SUB to get full effects of bass…

thank you