Answered

Sonos Arc can not connect to LG C1

• 8 July 2022
  • 4 replies

I just purchased a new LG C1 65 and Sonos arc SL from Costco. And I hooked the Sonos arc with the original HDMI cable to LG C1 HDMI-4 (all four HDMI ports support ARC/eARC). But somehow Sonos app shows ‘Can not connect to LG speaker’. I have turn on the following options for LG C1:

1. Sound out: HDMI ARC
  2. HDMI input audio format: Bitstream
  3. Digital sound out: pass through
  4. eARC: Enabled 
  5. Simplink (CEC): On
icon

Best answer by jgatie 8 July 2022, 15:07

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Thanks guys. It is working now!

I just purchased a new LG C1 65 and Sonos arc SL from Costco. And I hooked the Sonos arc with the original HDMI cable to LG C1 HDMI-4 (all four HDMI ports support ARC/eARC). But somehow Sonos app shows ‘Can not connect to LG speaker’. I have turn on the following options for LG C1:

1. Sound out: HDMI ARC
  2. HDMI input audio format: Bitstream
  3. Digital sound out: pass through
  4. eARC: Enabled 
  5. Simplink (CEC): On

All four HDMI ports do not support ARC/eARC, only HDMI 2.  From the specs page for that TV:

• HDMI Audio Return Channel (ARC)      eARC (HDMI 2)

https://www.lg.com/us/tvs/lg-oled65c1pub-oled-4k-tv?ds_rl=1294800&gclid=CjwKCAjwq5-WBhB7EiwAl-HEkhYCtfoZ5E6Er0Wtv9JZDFl9-ioYa54X_wGj9pdoDx4cPXULuJiK-RoCyJoQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

I’ve not come across any TV’s with more than one audio return channel on its HDMI ports - my thoughts too are to switch the Arc to HDMI-2, which is normally the ARC port for LG TV’s.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

all four HDMI ports support ARC/eARC)

Not familiar with this TV but according to https://techparasol.com/lg-c1-smart-tv/ only HDMI 2 could be (e)ARC: “The LG C1 has eARC on HDMI 2 and is able to pass a Dolby Atmos signal via TrueHD via eARC..”