Answered

Sonos App for two homes

• Contributor I
  • 1 reply

Can I use the same Sonos app for two homes with two different WiFi configurations? I have our primary home with the Five and two Move speakers on the latest Sonos app. We have a small vacation home that would only need a Roam speaker. I would not bring the Roam into the primary home. It would cradle at the vacation home and be used in the second location only. I would still like to use the Sonos app, and only have access to the Roam when I’m in our vacation home. Is that possible? 

icon

Best answer by Corry P 6 May 2021, 13:46

Hi @TPI 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

@UKMedia is correct - but this is only necessary if you want to use the same Voice Assistant in both locations. Otherwise, you can factory reset the Roam and set up a new system in the Sonos app in the second location, but using your existing Sonos account - you will then have two “households” on that one account.

See our Set up a new Sonos system in a new location help page for more details.

View original

3 replies

Thanks! For clarity, I don’t have the Roam yet. It would be unboxed in the new location. Sounds like I can do it straight away and create a second household under one account. I’ll read over the article   Thanks again! 

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @TPI 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

@UKMedia is correct - but this is only necessary if you want to use the same Voice Assistant in both locations. Otherwise, you can factory reset the Roam and set up a new system in the Sonos app in the second location, but using your existing Sonos account - you will then have two “households” on that one account.

See our Set up a new Sonos system in a new location help page for more details.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi

You can use the same App but you would need to create two Sonos accounts, one for each house, as they are wi-fi/location specific.  The App will connect in each location without issue, as the set-up is stored within each device and not the App.

Edit:

You may need to factory reset the Roam and add it to the second account , if you have already added it to your main home account.