Answered

Sonos and Sony Atmos

• 4 September 2018
  • 1 reply

Hi all

New to the forum. 🙂

I have an LG C7 TV - with sound output to a Sony Atmos ST 5000 sound bar and sub. It’s impressive but lacks full 360 sound. I wasn’t sold by the full Sonos setup at the time. I might convert in the future.

In the same room (perfectly mounted as rear speakers) I have 2 Sonos Ones. Yep, I since bought them to see what they are like (and they are ok).

Is there a way to connect the Ones and the Sony to play music - I’m thinking the Sonos Connect might do this? Also (I doubt it) is it possible to use the Ones as rear speakers when watching TV (along with the Sony bar)?

Thanks for your help.

*bloody typo in the title 😞
icon

Best answer by melvimbe 4 September 2018, 18:17

Assuming that the soundbar has an RCA input available, then yes, a Connect will get allow play audio from a Sonos music source on both systems. But no, you can't use the play:1s as surround speakers with your non-sonos soundbar.
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +21
Assuming that the soundbar has an RCA input available, then yes, a Connect will get allow play audio from a Sonos music source on both systems. But no, you can't use the play:1s as surround speakers with your non-sonos soundbar.