Answered

Sonos and Home theater

• 2 February 2018
  • 5 replies

Badge
Hello !!!

I'm a freshly user of sonos products. I've got 2 x Sonos One and I love them !

I also have a home theater (A/V amp Yamaha RX-V667 with Tangent speakers). I know Sonos Connect but I'm not really "ok" with the solution.

When I press play on my Sonos app and music start on 2 x Sonos One: simple and quick !. If I want it from my home theater (using a Sonos Connect) I've to turn my A/V amp on, select good channel, maybe modify sound from A/V amp,... It adds some steps to the experience and that's not the "Sonos philosophy".

Another solution is using Sonos Connect:amp and connect it directly to the front speakers and using a "amp switch" like DYNAVOX AMP-S. 2 amps on 1 pair of speakers. Solution is great but I have to switch manually the Dynavow and again that's not the "Sonos philosophy"....

Is there another solution for me to get sound from my home theater's speakers (fronts are enough for me) ? Does an automatic amp switch exists ?

Hope we'll find a solution 😃 (sorry for my english)

Julien
icon

Best answer by Chris 2 February 2018, 19:27

Perfect - I like how it auto switches back to your tv after no music for 30 seconds. Very cool.
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22
What are you accomplishing with the Dynavax vs. connecting your front speakers direct to the Connect:Amp (the way intended for use).
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Ah - I'm thinking your looking at using the same front speakers connected both to your Sonos and your Surround receiver.

How about something like this https://www.amazon.com/AUTOMATIC-SPEAKER-SWITCH-200W-12VDC/dp/B00L9YVJ0Q/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1517595421&sr=8-1&keywords=automatic+speaker+switch&dpID=41SuPL24-kL&preST=_SX342_QL70_&dpSrc=srch

You plug the output of the connect:Amp and the output for fronts of the receiver to the inputs (the switch automatically senses new input into it and auto switches to that set.

So if you have been watching TV and have full surround going. Then decide to stop watching TV and play Sonos music. The switch will sense music coming via the Connect:Amp and switch to it and switch the fronts off of the TV. Then vice versa if cut off sonos music and play TV again it will switch over to TV sound on the fronts.

Theorectically as long as load back to Connect:Amp is 8ohms you could hook up 2 of these switches and have your rear speakers also auto switch to Sonos.
Badge
What are you accomplishing with the Dynavax vs. connecting your front speakers direct to the Connect:Amp (the way intended for use).

I don't really understand what you mean ?
Badge
Perfect, that's what I was looking for ! (look in comments, it's exactly what I want to do !). I don't know why it's "difficult" to find this solution which is for me the best :?

Thanks you Chris !
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Perfect - I like how it auto switches back to your tv after no music for 30 seconds. Very cool.