Answered

Sonos AMP + Playbar + Arch. In-Ceiling Speakers - MAN CAVE

• 26 November 2019
  • 1 reply

Just setup my garage and wondering best use of my Sonos In-Ceiling speakers w/ system.

Currently have AMP+Playbar (showing Dolby 2.0) and In-Ceiling as “Surround”.   Sounds great when I do a sound test for surround, or specific Movies…...but ceiling speakers don’t seem to be in use for most TV, music, and other content.    (New Sony X950G connected via optical audio to Playbar)

My guess is b/c they’re set as “surround” in Sonos setup, they’ll only play when specific surround content is playing, and not when non-surround content playing.

I’d prefer for the in-ceiling to play for ALL content (music, Xbox games, movies, etc) --- is there a better setup to enable that i’m missing?  Or is there a way for me to toggle the speaker setup to “Surround” when I have that content, and toggle-”off” when I’m playing non-surround content?

Thanks!!

icon

Best answer by jgatie 26 November 2019, 21:25

There is a toggle, but it is only for music sources (that is, sources that are not from the TV):  

1. Open the Sonos app for iOS or Android. From the Settings tab, tap System.
  2. Select the room the home theater speakers and surround speakers are located in. It appears as Room (+LS+RS) on the Room Settings menu.
  3. Select Surround Audio.
  4. Choose the following:
    • Music Playback:  Full (enables louder, full range sound). This setting applies only to music playback, not TV audio.

View original

1 reply

There is a toggle, but it is only for music sources (that is, sources that are not from the TV):  

1. Open the Sonos app for iOS or Android. From the Settings tab, tap System.
  2. Select the room the home theater speakers and surround speakers are located in. It appears as Room (+LS+RS) on the Room Settings menu.
  3. Select Surround Audio.
  4. Choose the following:
    • Music Playback:  Full (enables louder, full range sound). This setting applies only to music playback, not TV audio.